Healthy Living NTs Board has five main roles:
- Policy and Corporate Strategy
- Public Relations
- Risk Management
A board of voluntary people elected annually governs Healthy Living NT, comprised of people with diabetes, health professionals and members of the public with a general interest in diabetes. The board meets every two months with an Executive Board attending to the administration of the organisation between meetings.
- Constitution of the Diabetes Association of the Northern Territory Inc
- Healthy Living NT Corporate Governance Statement
- Healthy Living NT Strategic Goals
- Ethical Practice and Relationships Policy
- Board Members 2017/18
- Annual Report 2016/17
To pursue high standards of professionalism, ethics and quality in all facets of Healthy Living NT’s operations through:
- Fairness, honesty, confidentiality and compassion.
- Mutual respect for all individuals, their roles and the organisation.
- Continuous quality improvement in all activities.
- Involvement with, and responsiveness to, community diversity.
- Working collaboratively.
The Board of Healthy Living NT is keen to encourage younger people to join, to speak about issues facing them and be a voice on the Board for other young people affected by diabetes. With this in mind, we have developed a CPD program valued at up to $5,000 to support a younger person’s participation on the Board. Being a member of the Board will help you gain learning and develop experience in governance and management. It will also give you the opportunity to participate and to share a young person’s perspective on issues.