Healthy Workplace Programme
- Planning a company event or corporate gathering? Incorporate physical activity or some health talks.
- Improve work place health by conducting talks or a planned programme to help improve overall health of staff at work, contact us.
Tips on Work Place Health
Unhealthy workers take nine times more sick days per year than healthy workers? Absenteeism, due to ill health, is having a significant impact on the workforce.
Here are some ways through which you can stay healthy at work.
- Wash your hands frequently.
- Drink more water.
- Do not sit for more than 20 minutes at a go.
- Eat well. Pack lunches and have healthy snacks like nuts and fruits.
- Take a break go for a short walk outside the office.
- Limit the amount of caffeine you take.
- Enjoy a good work-life balance to keep stress away.
Healthy Living NT welcomes any opportunity to work with communities in improving the lives of all Territorians. If you are part of an organisation or community that is looking for assistance in developing health related programs, feel free to contact us for further discussion. Examples of areas we may be able to assist in include:
Child Care Centres
Reviewing and assessing meal plans, designing physical activity programmes and staff training about nutrition and exercise.
Planning for Active Transportation, designing physical activity programmes, conducting talks on nutrition, organising physical activity programmes outside curriculum hours.
Organisations and Councils
Working with respective organisations to implement programmes aimed at improving the lives of the general public. Community based organisations and groups are eligible for the Community Grants Program under the Bill Raby Diabetes Fellowship.
Community Grants Program offers small grants up to $5,000 for NT community based activities which will build capacity and improve health outcomes for community members, who have, or are at risk of developing, a chronic disease. For more information, please contact our Health Promotion Manager, Navin Chandra at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 08 8927 8488.