Home > About Us >
Healthy Living NT is the trading name of the Diabetes Association of the NT Inc.
We are a charitable, independant, member based, organisation for people with diabetes and related conditions. As a consumer based organisation we are managed by a voluntary board, and are committed to the well-being of all people with diabetes.
The organisation is a member of the Good Health Alliance NT (GHANT) , a coalition of NT chronic disease non government organisations and maintains close relationships with State and Territory Diabetes Organisations around Australia. Visitors to our webpages should be aware that Healthy Living NT resigned from the national federation of Diabetes Australia in May 2009.
This change does not affect member services or program delivery in any way. Healthy Living NT remains the NT Agent for the National Diabetes Services Scheme, delivering these services as part of the national contract with the Commonwealth Government.
Healthy Living NT is committed to working for the interests of people with diabetes in the NT and beyond and to the provision of high quality services to our members and clients.
Members of Healthy Living NT receive substantial discounts and benefits on a range of products and services, quarterly copies of the local magazine Territory Way and the national magazine, plus a range of value added benefits.
Healthy Living NT provides a range of services and benefits including:
- Advocacy and lobbying at a local and national level for people with diabetes and related chronic conditions
- Diabetes and Cardiac education throughout the NT, including telephone advice and ongoing support for people with diabetes and cardiac conditions, and their families
- Access to subsidised blood glucose testing and insulin injection products through the National Diabetes Services Scheme
- Education groups including Taking Charge of Diabetes and Cooking Healthy and Physical Activity (CHAPA)
- Support groups including children and young adults with type 1 diabetes
- Diabetes and cardiac resources and information in a range of languages for consumers and health professionals
- Free syringe program for people with diabetes and other approved medical conditions
- Extensive range of products including blood glucose monitors and literature available at all Access Points, by mail or phone order and through our online shop
Healthy Living NT has an extensive range of access points located in Darwin, Tiwi, Casuarina, Marrara, Palmerston, Humpty Doo, Katherine, Nhulunbuy, Tennant
Last Updated 13 September 2011
Print friendly page